Midwest Road Trip Adventures takes you along some of the most storied highways and byways in the nation, including The Great River Road and Route 66. Stops include historic lighthouses along the shores of Lake Erie in Ohio, canyons in Kansas, crystal clear springs in Michigan, Underground Railroad history in Illinois, Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, and authentic fish boils in Wisconsin’s Door County. Movie fans can visit the ballpark from “A League of Their Own” in Indiana or tour the Iowa covered bridges showcased in the “The Bridges of Madison County.”
Authors from the Midwest Travel Network joined forces to create this action-packed anthology highlighting the best road trips in the Midwest. Some of the wonders you’ll discover include:
- Historic lighthouses along the shores of Lake Erie in Ohio
- The Arikaree Breaks, a region of ravines and canyons in Kansas
- Four out of the five Great Lakes in Michigan
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site in Illinois
- The rugged Badlands in South Dakota
- Authentic fish boils in Wisconsin’s Door County.
- The ballpark from “A League of Their Own” in Indiana
- Covered bridges showcased in the “The Bridges of Madison County,” Iowa
- America’s most German town in Minnesota
- The World’s Largest Scrap Metal Sculpture in North Dakota
- The oldest powwow in North America in Nebraska
- A 42-foot tall rocking chair on Route 66 in Missouri
and so many more!
Published by Something Or Other Publishers, this anthology is penned by authors who live and work in the states they cover. The group connected as members of The Midwest Travel Network, a consortium of writers and bloggers who specialize in the region.
You can order from Amazon, or get an autographed copy by ordering directly from author Theresa L. Goodrich.
ORDER DIRECT FOR SPECIAL BONUSES
The authors of Midwest Road Trip Adventures have put together some fun extras, only available when you order your copy autographed by Theresa L. Goodrich:
- Road Trip Playlist from Roxie Yonkey of Roxie on the Road. This Midwest ambassador was named 2020 Rising Star by the Midwest Travel Network! She’s included songs from each state featured in the book plus a few extra categories,
- Jamie Ward’s Road Trip Essentials Checklist. She’s the blogger behind Cornfields and High Heels and she knows what you need on a road trip. Her checklist will make sure you don’t leave anything behind.
- Dannelle Gay’s designed Printable Bookmarks for every Midwestern state, featuring photos from the authors.
- My very own 50 Tips for Planning an AMAZING Road Trip e-book. These 65 pages are filled with my top fifty tips gleaned from the thousands of miles I’ve traveled.