Shrimp is one of those appetizers that just seems classy. Personally I can’t afford to serve jumbo prawn cocktail when I have guests, but a good alternative are these Ginger Shrimp Stacks. They’re pretty and they won’t break your budget or your waistline (which is something to consider after those Bacon Deviled Eggs…). They’re also easy if you buy the pre-cooked shrimp. Since you’re going to be marinating them in some potent ingredients, why wouldn’t you? I won’t tell if you don’t.
Here’s what they look like. Sort of. They should be more in focus when you make them. Or not. Depends on how much wine you sip while they’re marinating.
Ginger Shrimp Stacks
- 1 pound medium cooked shrimp
- 2 tbsp diced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 limes
- 4 cloves garlic (hey, I like garlic)
- 1 – 2 tbsp Bragg’s Amino or soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar OR 1 packet stevia
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- a few sprinkles of crushed red pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 English cucumber